How to Make America Great Again in 10 Steps
After “How to Make a Cardboard Box Disappear in 10 Steps” by Clint Smith
- Build walls to emphasize borders.
- Send out hateful messages and sign harmful executive orders.
- Create division and racial tension within a nation.
- Split up families and kick out Dreamers with no valid justification.
- Treat women like objects or second class citizens. (It’s not like they carry life within them and have the gift to give life or anything anyway.)
- Create diplomatic confusion internally, while stirring up economic chaos nationally.
- Open the eyes of The People so we can all see that there is something very wrong with us all.
- Unite all races and genders against you and your ways.
- Realize that it’s not you that makes this country great, it’s the diverse people within it and the daily sacrifices they are willing to endure to keep the American Dream alive.
- Move aside. Let anyone else attempt to fix the mess you’ve made.
The poets featured here are currently incarcerated, and many of them are in federal prisons far from home. Your feedback is a valuable source of motivation and connection to the outside community. Post your comments, feedback, and encouragement in the space below the poem. Messages will be passed on directly to the author. Comments may not appear immediately on the site, as our team processes them to mail to the poets.